software index page
main index page
how to help
A Perl script
Output is to the terminal.
Should work on any platform
with Perl installed, thusfar tested on Linux.
- Converts channel notations.
ambchan 12 or ambchan 3,0
or ambchan K
all return the same output, that is that channel described
The equation for the associated spherical harmonic
is also returned for lower order channels. (This is in LaTeX
notation. The advantage of removing any ambiguity from
the formula is replaced by a not very readable style!)
- Ambisonic channel number (ACN) (e.g. 12)
- Order and range ((l,m) notation) (e.g. (3,0))
- Channel letter (where one exists) (e.g. K).
- Converts notations for groups of channels (for
example mixed order groups).
ambchan hv=3,2 and ambchan hv=ffh
will each return both values. That is (H,V) notation and
Also returned are a listing of all the channels in such a
grouping and the total number of channels.
Available via the main index page.
September 2008, modified September 2008.
Copyright © 2008 Michael Chapman.